WHAT IS LIFE & LEGACY?
LIFE & LEGACY is a partnership of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, the Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester, Temple B'rith Kodesh and other synagogues and organizations that promotes after-lifetime giving to benefit Jewish entities. Through training, support and monetary incentives LIFE & LEGACY motivates Jewish organizations to integrate legacy giving into their philanthropic culture in order to assure Jewish tomorrows.
WHY LIFE & LEGACY?
• To cultivate a culture of legacy giving.
• To foster camaraderie and respect among Jewish organizations.
• To give generous and forward-thinking members of the Jewish community an opportunity to express their passion, purpose and commitment to the future of Temple B'rith Kodesh and the community’s most valued Jewish organizations.
Click here to see more about supporingTBK through the Life & Legacy plan.
In one way or another your life is rooted in Jewish experiences connecting you to the Jewish community. Chances are you already support Jewish charitable organizations, but have you included these organizations in your will or estate plan? By leaving a legacy, you can assure that the traditions and institutions that mean so much to you today will exist for future generations.
By making a legacy commitment you can:
• Convey your commitment to being Jewish.
• Express values instilled in you by your parents and grandparents.
• Perpetuate the Jewish traditions you cherish.
• Preserve the programs and services of Temple B'rith Kodesh and other
organizations that support Jewish life in Rochester.
By making your legacy commitment now, or sharing with the community that you have already done so, those organizations to whom you make a legacy commitment have the opportunity to secure an incentive grant from the Grinspoon Foundation.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
All of us, regardless of age, wealth or affiliation, have the ability to leave a legacy.
Your legacy gift of any size can be customized and structured to fit your dreams, lifestyle, family and financial needs. You can provide support for a particular organization or area of interest.
Leaving a legacy is simple. Some options include:
• Bequest in a will
• Gift of Life Insurance
• Gift of IRA or Pension Funds
• Gift of cash or assets
• Charitable Gift Annuity
• Charitable Remainder Trust
Click here to download the Life & Legacy Letter of Intent.
For more information, contact TBK Executive Director Michael Yudelson by clicking here or call (585) 244-7060